For over 30 years Guild Insurance has been the preferred insurance provider for Australian veterinarians. The exclusive partnership between the AVA means Liabilities and Business Insurance is specifically developed to meet your needs as a veterinarian and your veterinary practice. Now that’s something to wag your tail at!
Professional Indemnity & Public Liability
The AVA strongly believes Guild Insurance products represent the best value for their members. AVA members receive market leading cover and competitive premiums for professional indemnity and public liability provided through Guild Insurance. Whether you’re a practice owner or an individual sole trader, when it comes to your professional indemnity and public liability insurance you can expect to pay one of the most competitive premiums in the Australian insurance market.
- Professional Indemnity – Covers you for your civil liability from your work as a veterinarian.
- Public Liability – from third party bodily injury or property damage arising from your work as a veterinarian.
- Product Liability – Protects you against liability for damages caused by goods you have sold or supplied.
- Free legal advice – Two hours of advice for employment related issues – even if you don’t make a claim.
- Nil excess on liability claims.
- Pay by the month at no extra cost.
- Cover for legal costs and expenses associated with complaints to your registration body, disciplinary proceedings or a racing body enquiry.
- Free risk management – Access to RiskHQ information.
- 24/7 Support – We’re here for you whenever you need us!
Veterinarian Practice Insurance
Your practice is your livelihood. With Guild’s Veterinarian Practice Insurance, you are covered should your business come to a halt.
- Practice insurance – Full accidental damage cover for your business property, such as equipment, other contents and stock.
- Cover for loss of income due to an interruption in your business trading such as a fire, storm or water damage.
- Reinstatement Plus cover provides a safety net on top of the amount you are insured for.
- Legal expenses for defence of claims brought against you.
- Tax Audit – Cover for fees incurred due an audit by the ATO.
- Plus cover for money, glass, burglary, breakdown of equipment.
- Home and contents
- Commercial Motor Vehicle Insurance
Emergency Animal Disease Response
Guild understands your calling, and that’s to take care of all animals, especially in an emergency. That’s why Guild, Animal Health Australia and AVA have put together a unique framework that covers private practicing vets who are involved in Emergency Animal Disease Response (EADR). Better yet, with a Guild Insurance Veterinary Business Insurance Policy, EADR cover is at no extra cost, while an affordable premium may apply if you hold a Veterinary Professional Indemnity Insurance Policy.
Is your current cover up to scratch? Simply follow this link and one of our specialist veterinarian account managers will compare your current cover.
Insurance issued by Guild Insurance Limited ABN 55 004 538 863, AFS Licence No. 233791 and subject to terms, conditions and exclusions. Guild Insurance supports the AVA through the payment of referral fees. Please refer to the policy wording and policy schedule for details. For more information call 1800 810 213.
For all other enquiries or to discuss your unique insurance requirements, please contact Matthew Richardson (Client Partnership Executive) from Guild Insurance – MRichardson@guildinsurance.com.au