Veterinary Business Awards
Proudly supported by
Applications open 1 March
and close 30 June 2020. *Extended to 31 July
These awards offer a combined prize pool of more than $10,000 in continuing professional development, as well as the kudos that come from taking out Australia’s most prestigious veterinary business awards.
You can nominate yourself, your business or be nominated by an industry representative, other veterinary business professionals or your clients (members of the public). Privacy shall be maintained in relation to nominees.
Each Award consists of:
- Veterinary Business Group continuing professional development vouchers valued at $2,000
- Hill’s Pet Nutrition continuing professional development vouchers or product vouchers valued at $1,500
- Two registrations to the Veterinary Business Group Summit, including tickets to the Gala Dinner
- A profile of the practice in AVA and Veterinary Business Group’s electronic communications
- Framed certificate for display in your practice
- A chance to present at the Veterinary Business Group Summit
Nominations will be accepted from any practice in Australia and the leaders of the business must be Veterinary Business Group members. Veterinary Business Thought Leader Award is also eligible for student members of the Veterinary Business Group.
An organisation that demonstrates outstanding performance across the 10 core competencies of veterinary business.
- Change Management
- Financial Management
- Clinical Standards and Protocols
- Human Resources & Industrial Relations
- Strategic Planning
- Risk Management
- An essay outlining how the veterinary business is outstanding in each of the core competencies (up to 300 words for each competency)
- Two written references that speak to the outstanding nature of the veterinary business. These may be from clients or other veterinary business colleagues.
An individual that has challenged the status quo, stimulated industry debate or become a force for change in response to challenges facing veterinary business.
This award may relate to a journal article, published paper or digital content that advances veterinary business.
- Content piece
- Two written references that speak to the significance of the content as a catalyst for change.
An individual who is both technically excellent in the field of veterinary business, and who has made an outstanding service contribution to veterinary business over time.
- Current CV
- Two written references that speak to the individual’s capability and contribution.